About Alex Draven
Librarian by day, storyteller by night ... I already said that, didn't I?
How about I tell you ten random things about me instead?
- I really am a librarian by day, and I fit writing, editing, and reviewing in around that.
- I have always been a story teller, but I've only been a writer since about 2002.
- I live in London, and I love it here. Other places are good to visit, but this is home.
- I live with a jet black cat, who has green eyes, and hunts ghosts.
- When I was a kid, I had an imaginary aardvark, who lived in a crack in my bedroom wall.
- I collect bats (not the live kind).
- I love to dance, and I love live music. There is nothing more cathartic than a good mosh pit.
- My life has a soundtrack. There's always music playing, on my 'internal radio' if nowhere else.
- I am addicted to words - I have stopped strangers in the street to finish reading the slogan on their t-shirt or badge. My librarything account only lists a fraction of my bookshelves.
- I am also addicted to caffeine - I'l take tea, Dr Pepper Zero, or a soya-milk latte, please!
If you're interested in what I'm reading, I'm on librarything
If you're interested in what I'm listening to, I'm on lastfm
If you're interested in what I'm tweeting, I'm on twitter
You can also find me at:
- Torquere Press's social LJ and Yahoo list
- The Brit Writers
- Coffee Time Romance's Latte Lounge
- GLBT Promo
- Erotic Authors Association
- GLBT Bookshelf, where you'll find a wealth of gay books.
If you're wondering if Draven was the last name I was born with, the answer's no. If you're wondering if it has any relation to a certain character in a James O'Barr comic, the answer is yes. (Also, it's Alex, as in Alexandria, not Alex as in Alexander.)
If you're wondering about the raven image that I'm using in the banner, then you should head over to flickr to see the original amazing shot, kindly shared under a creative common's licence by Steve Velo. As he asks in that licence, the colour shifted version of the shot that I'm using is also available here.
If you're wondering about the word-art that I've used around the site. As it says in the alt-tags on each image, they're from the always-lovely people at http://www.wordle.net/
And if you're still wondering about anything, Emily over at Rainbow Reviews has interviewed me, so if you want to know more about the inspiration for Stay Tape, and how I use music to write? Head on over to read that interview at Rainbow Reviews.